West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) is a state level undergraduate engineering entrance exam conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board every year for admission to 9 government and 94 private engineering colleges/universities of West Bengal. Approximately 1.27 lakh candidates appear for WBJEE every year.
WBJEE is a Admission test for:A�
All the engineering colleges & Pharmacy colleges in the state of West Bengal.
|Exam Level||Category||Application Mode||Exam Mode||Exam Score Validity||TENTATIVE APPLICATION DATE|
WBJEE Eligibility Criteria
WBJEE Eligibility Criteria provide details about the eligibility conditions that are required to be met by the aspiring candidates in order to be considered eligible for taking WBJEE . WBJEE eligibility criteria include requirements related to age, education, domicile, etc. Read below to know in detail all the eligibility criteria of WBJEE
WBJEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria related to Domicile
- Aspirants should be citizens of India
- while Govt colleges for B.Tech/B.E. programmes, West Bengal domicile is required.A�
WBJEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria related to age
- For all B.Tech programmes (except Marine Engineering), applicants need to be atleast 17 years of age on December 31, 2017. There is no upper age limit. The aspirants born on or after January 1, 2001 are not eligibilt to apear in the entrance exam.
- For B.Tech in Marine Engineering programme, the candidates must be atleast 17 years of age on December 31, 2017 and the upper age limit is 25 years on December 31, 2017.A�
WBJEE Eligibility Criteria related to educational qualification
- The candidates must have passed class XII or equivalent board recognised by Central/State government in the country with Physics and Mathematics along with any one of the subjects which are Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Computer Science/Computer Applications.
- They are also required to have passed in all three subjects with individual passing marks in both theory as well as practical papers studied in regular class mode.
- The applicants belonging to general category need to secure a minimum aggregate marks of 45% in class XII or equivalent board recognised by Central/State government.
- Only reserved category candidates are required to have passed minimum of 40% aggregate marks in class XII or equivalent board recognised by Central/State government.
- All the applicants must have passed with a minimum aggregate marks of 30% in English in class XII or equivalent board recognised by Central/State government.
- For B.Tech in Dairy Technology programme, the candidates must have passed class XII or equivalent board recognised by Central/State government. The applicants belonging to general category must have scored a minimum aggregate marks of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, English and Mathematics, while the reserved category applicants must have secured minimum of 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry, English and Mathematics taken together.
WBJEE Eligibility Criteria related to claiming reservation
For claiming reservation on the reserved seats in government engineering colleges in West Bengal, the candidates must be domicile of West Bengal.