NEET 2018 is the national level examination for admission to MBBS & BDS courses. CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) is the conducting authority which organizes the NEET examination every year in various cities across the country. NEET exam is a gateway for admissions into medical & dental UG courses offered by various government and private medical colleges of the country. From the year 2016 onwards, AIPMT exam has been replaced by NEET examination. All medical institutions consider NEET score for providing admission in MBBS/BDS courses. Through this article, students can get details about NEET 2018 exam including application form, eligibility, exam dates, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
NEET 2018 Exam Dates
Students can check here the tentative dates of NEET 2018 entrance exam:
|Application form release||Last week of December 2017|
|Last date for filling the application||4th week of January 2018|
|Last date to submit the application fee||Last week of January 2018|
|Release of admit card||1st week of April 2018|
|Exam date||1st week of May 2018|
|Result announcement||1st week of June 2018|
|Counselling starts||After result declaration|
The detailed application procedure is mentioned below:
- Students can avail the NEET 2018 Application Form via online mode
- Visit the official website of NEET.
- Fill all the necessary detailslike personal, contact, domicile, qualification, etc.
- Upload the scanned imagesof photograph, signature and index finger impression in the prescribed format.
- Make the fee paymentusing online and offline mode.
- After the fee payment, take printout of the confirmation pageof the application form and keep it safe for further use.
- Candidates have to pay the application fee of 1400/-(for UR & OBC) and Rs. 750/- (for SC/ST & PH).
- The fee payment can be made via online mode (debit or credit card).
- Payment can also be done through the e-challanof Syndicate, SBI, ICICI bank or HDFC bank.
Students should check the eligibility criteria before applying for NEET exam. The eligibility criteria for appearing NEET exam is given below:
- Nationality:Candidates must be an Indian OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) candidates are also eligible to apply.
- J&K/AP/Telangana:Such candidates are eligible for All India 15% quota only (also eligible for admission in AFMC, Pune) on the basis of self declaration.
- Aadhaar Card Requirement:Indian National candidates must have an Aadhaar Number to apply for NEET exam.
- Minimum Age:The minimum age limit is 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- Maximum Age:The maximum age limit is 25 years (for General and OBC candidates) and 30 years (for other categories).
- Examination:Candidates should have qualified 12th or equivalent
- Subjects: Subjects Should be Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology with English as a compulsory
- 10+2 appearing students are also eligible to apply.
- Marks Required:In the qualifying exam (PCB group), students should have obtained at least 50% marks for general, 45% marks for general-PH and 40% marks for SC/ST & OBC.
NEET 2018 Exam Pattern
Of Question:Total 180 questions will be asked in the exam.
Exam Mode:Exam will be conducted through online mode (pen and paper based mode).
Type of Question:There will be objective type questions (four options with one correct answer).
Subjects:Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry & Biology (Zoology & Botany) subjects.
Exam Duration:The exam duration will be 3 hours.
Language:Question paper will be asked in 8 languages like English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi and Telugu languages.
Marking Scheme:Four marks will be given for each correct answer (+4 Marks).
Negative Marking:One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer (-1 Mark).
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
The syllabus will be based on a common syllabus prescribed by the MCI (Medical Council of India). The syllabus will have topics from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology subjects. It will be prescribed after the review of various state syllabus as well as CBSE, NCERT & COBSE. The syllabus will be based on the 11th & 12th class standard.
NEET Preparation Tips
- Firstly, gather all the details about the officially prescribed syllabusfor the examination.
- Make a proper time-tablefor your preparations.
- Consider the good preparation booksand study materials.
- Practice mock test& previous year question papers.
- Stay stress free & healthy while preparing for exams.
- Don’t try to include new topics at the end of preparation
How should one crack NEET 2018?
First You Must Crack it, in Your Mind!!!
NEET 2018 (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is not going to be very easy at all infect you need some hard core training and hard work to get what you need. Not possible to crack NEET exam by doing test preparation in one day or 2 days. Guys keep a very strict schedule and hope for the best and most importantly stay true to yourself and positive by utilizing proper timing.
You need to follow tips to crack NEET 2018
Practice: Practice is very important for you, because practice makes you perfect. You must prepare topics and simultaneously solve questions of comprehensive books. Practice is the only master key to crack NEET 2018 exam
Perfect Review and Solve last 10 Year Papers: You need to review and solve AIPMT papers of last 20 years. This will give you a fair idea of the questions’ pattern of NEET 2018. You’ll find many such chapter wise previous year books for all the three subjects in the market. You may also have look at NEET 2018 Preparation Tips.
Important Books: Regarding books I would like to suggest you NCERT books. Especially for Biology and Chemistry and buy MCQ book for practicing question to Crack NEET 2018. For Physics you will have to understand each and every concept thoroughly. Only then you will be able to solve the sums. The NEET physics part comes tricky so do physics when you are fresh. Solve ‘error less’ for physics. Questions come of that type only.
Online Mock Tests: To know complete pattern of exams, take online mock test, which makes you familiar with examination patter along handing pressure at exam time. You should take online test series for at least one month. This will greatly help you in evaluating your preparation level and will help you identify your weakness.
Regular Basis Study Revision: You must revise, Review and recall everything that you study on a regular basis. This will help you remember all the NEET Exam concepts for a longer period.
NEET 2018 is not very difficult to crack! You just have to do smart work, slogging for 18 hours and mugging everything won’t work. Believe in yourself. Don’t give up. Try your best. Work hard.